Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Half a decade of laughter and tears, in good times and in bad.. All through the years!

Yes, you heard me right, half a decade. I am happily married for five years already but it seems just like yesterday. I know five years of staying married is not something that I should pride myself on. And at this point, I’m not really the person whom someone would ask for an advice with regards to marriage. But half a decade of being married has somehow brought out a mature and sensible individual in me.

Some would say, “The secret for a happy married life is LOVE, because that’s the reason why you tied the knot in the first place”. Others would advice that for a marriage to last there should be trust, respect, commitment, support, intimacy, romance, etc. And the list goes on. While all these things are essential and important in keeping the relationship alive, I think these are not the chief elements that would lead couples into a happy and satisfied life together. I believe that a happy marriage is not guaranteed no matter how much the partners love each other. Thus, the song says, “Sometimes love just ain’t enough”.

For five years, I’ve come to realize that in order for me to be happy in our marriage, more than anything, both my husband and I must and should be happy first and foremost. Having said that though, I’ve learned that we should never expect anyone or anything to make us happy. It should come from within us. Happiness in marriage is there – we just have to always be aware of exactly where to find it. So whenever I feel like nothing seems right in my world and in my life, I just constantly remind myself with this quote.. “Happiness is not something far away and unattainable. It is always here, deep within my soul. All I have to do is dig it out and enjoy it”. HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY TO US.

Here’s a compilation of some of our wedding pictures that my husband put together in a video. Just want to share it with you. Enjoy watching!


June 11, 2005 from Ryan Rodriguez on Vimeo.

6 comments:

  1. Happy 5th wedding anniversary Len and Ryan! Miss you guys! Viewing your wedding pictures bring back a lot of good and happy memories (kahit ang taba ko sa wedding picture nyo)...thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TerriAnn and Vian for the comment..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 5th wedding anniversary best friend and ryan! sarap ulit ikasal....hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary!!!
    wish you all the love and blessings :)

    from aries and tabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, po belated happy anniversary po more blessing po to come po tnx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i may be too late to greet you & Ryan a happy anniversary...pero sabi nga nila huli man daw at magaling...huli pa rin! heheh! you just made me cry sis! tears of happiness of me being proud of you and of me being part of what you are now. i am proud of what you have become sis and i love you;)

    ReplyDelete