Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Gift

I got a very nice present from my husband last Mother’s day, a pair of earrings. It wasn’t an expensive one, but sure it’s special because it comes from the love of my life. It was not really a surprise for me because my husband asked me what present I would want for Mother’s day. Initially, I said nothing. But then, I remember what my mother told me. She said that even if I am already a mother and that I should always put my children’s needs before mine, I also need to spoil myself from time to time. As a stay-at-home mom, most of my time and energy are focused on my kids, my husband and taking care of our home. I am also reluctant to blow money on myself since we are a single income family. I’d rather save the money or spend it for my children than for myself. But come to think of it, mothers need pampering too. Am I right? We have to remind ourselves constantly that sometimes we need to make an effort to rest and pamper ourselves. As they say happy mommy equals happy family.
Ultimately, it’s not really the earrings my husband gave me that made me feel delighted last Mother’s day. It is the opportunity to practice what my mother has taught me which I sometimes forget, and that is to LOVE MYSELF.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Here in my house hold its currently a single income too. But im trying to find work. Of course my mothers day...nothing really good happened for me. My fiance was out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jessica,
    welcome to blogging! I'm also a new blogger. nice meeting you, virtually! thanks for following. hope we could be friends..

    ReplyDelete